Reasonable Flat Fees For Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDRO) For Former Spouses
- A divorcing couple is usually short-changed when it comes to the division of retirement accounts and pension plans as a result of their divorce. I can and will protect your interests. I have witnessed over, and over again, how husbands and wives lose control and money because the document known as a QDRO or Quadro is mishandled by self-proclaimed “QDRO professionals” who have no experience or qualifications and do a poor job.
- Many of these self-proclaimed “QDRO professionals” have no credentials – they are not lawyers, or accountants or actuaries, and they also have no experience with the complexities of retirement plan laws and regulations. Usually, their only experience is with using “model QDROs” provided by plan administrators. Using a “model QDRO” is a bad idea – learn why by reading part I and part II of this brief article.
- I do not rely on model QDROs or QDRO forms because I believe that spouses in a divorce should have as much control as possible when deciding the manner in which their retirement benefits are to be divided after the divorce. I will prepare the QDRO specifically tailored to you and your circumstances. I work to protect your interests so no money is accidentally left behind.
- I have more than 10 years of professional experience as a lawyer in the field of account-based retirement plans and pensions (including union pension plans). I understand the complexities of how these plans are administered and I know what courts and plan administrators need to see in a QDRO document. But what is most important for you is that I know how to best protect your interests.
I opened QDRO Law Center to provide efficient, customized QDRO documents at a reasonable cost.
Experienced QDRO attorney for people who are covered by ERISA plans. If you are a teacher or other public servant covered by a government pension plan or other retirement plans under ERISA and have opened a 403(b) account to supplement your government pension, I can help you with a customized QDRO document that covers your specific circumstances.
Were you told you need a QDRO?
Just when they are about to retire, many divorced people are surprised to hear they need a written qualified domestic relations order (QDRO) on file before they can begin withdrawing pension funds or withdrawing monthly payments from their qualified retirement plan account. If you were told you need a QDRO, turn to the QDRO Law Center in Chicago for help.
I am ready to provide a low-cost QDRO document quickly, no matter what kind of retirement plan you have in place, including:
- Retirement plans, including union retirement plans
- 401(k), 403(b) and other account-based retirement plans
- Government pension plans (CSRS, FERS, TSP)
- Military pension plans (Active Members, Reservists, Retired)
- Union retirement plans
Read more about my affordable flat-fee services with no hidden charges for individuals needing QDRO documents.
Wherever you live in Illinois or across the United States, call my office toll free at 1.800.656.2319 to make an appointment for an initial consultation. During your initial consultation, I will explain what I can do for you, my reasonable, cost-effective fee structure. If I am not available, please leave a message and I will return your call as soon as possible.
The QDRO Law Center accepts all major credit cards for your convenience.